Spouse Visa UK 2018-05-16T15:02:12+00:00

Spouse Visa UK

At Oracle Solicitors, we regularly assist our clients to make successful applications for a Spouse Visa UK. Our dedicated immigration specialists in London and Belfast are widely renowned for their high quality, fast, efficient advice and “hands-on” approach.

Our solicitors understand the stress that can be involved with visa applications. We will be more than happy to help with your application, so contact us today for quality assistance and personal immigration advice to avoid any unnecessary delays or disruptions.

London: 020 3051 5060
Belfast: 028 9002 2371

To request a callback from one of our solicitors as soon as possible, please click here.

Do I need a Spouse Visa UK or Partner Visa?

Non-European nationals can apply to enter or remain in the UK as either the spouse/partner of a British citizen or a person with settled status, refugee leave or humanitarian protection under a Spouse Visa UK, Partner Visa or unmarried partner visa. Settled status, also known as Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR), means having been given permission to settle here permanently.

If you are outside the UK you must obtain your spouse visa or partner visa before travelling.

Spouse Visa UK

Criteria for a Spouse Visa UK or Partner Visa

As the non-European spouse, civil partner, unmarried or same-sex partner of a British citizen or a person with settled status, you will be given permission to stay in the UK for 30 months, subject to satisfying the following criteria for the relevant visa under the Immigration Rules:

  • Suitability
  • Relationship
  • Financial
  • English language requirements

 If you continue to meet all the requirements you can apply to stay for a further 30 months.

After a 5-year period, you may apply for settlement (ILR) in the UK. Alternatively, you may be eligible to apply under the less stringent 10-year route which overlooks the financial and English language requirement, although you will need to show insurmountable obstacles to family life with your spouse or partner continuing overseas.

If you do not meet the requirements for either route you may be given permission to remain here on the basis of your private life, subject to evidence that you have resided continuously in the UK for a required period of time. Both the private life and 10-year settlement route can only be made via applications from within the UK.

Spouse visa and partner visa applications can be complex, to maximise the chances of a successful outcome it’s best to have quality legal advice from the beginning. 

Experienced Immigration Solicitors

Our immigration solicitors and consultants have an established reputation for providing clear and strategic immigration advice, which is tailored to each situation and client. We have a strong track record of success with Partner and Spouse Visa UK applications and will guide you all the way through the application process.

If you’ve got any questions regarding Spouse Visas and Civil Partner Visas call us today and speak to one of our immigration specialists.

London: 020 3051 5060
Belfast: 028 9002 2371

Please leave your details in the below contact form if you would like a solicitor to call you back.






***Oracle Solicitors do not accept service of documents by e-mail or fax.

Criminal Litigation
Legal Aid Agency
The Law Society of Northern Ireland Oracle solicitors
The Parliamentary Review Best Practice Representative