You can claim if you suffer injuries that were caused by the negligence or fault of a third party (person/ business/ organisation). A duty of care must have been owed to you and that duty must have been breached resulting in loss or injury.
The amount of compensation will vary depending on what kind of injuries you have suffered. Every case if different and our Personal Injury Specialists will walk you through each step of the process.
The vast majority of cases are settled before they go to court. However, if your case is one of the few that is to be decided at Court don’t worry, it’s perfectly normal and we’ll be there to help you every step of the way.
We understand you want to best personal injury lawyers when dealing with your claim. If you are concerned with the way your claim is being dealt with you should raise this issue with your current solicitor. If you are not satisfied you may need a ‘second opinion’.
Clients who have moved their case to Oracle Solicitors have been impressed by our standard of care and have gone on to achieve the best possible outcome. We’re happy to discuss the situation with you without obligation.
At this stage it is impossible to give a realistic estimate of how long it will take to settle your claim. A straight-forward claim may take 6 – 8 months, but others may take longer. A claim can take longer to settle if liability is disputed or the injuries sustained are complex.
You can help your claim by returning all paperwork and any information we request in full and in a timely manner. A common problem is that we have to wait for clients’ National Insurance details. Please let us have these details from the outset.
Typically it take approximately six weeks for the other side to pay your damages from the date you accept your offer. However, this is not a definite period, merely a guideline from our experience.
If you’ve suffered an injury your claim must be settled or Issued at court within three years from the date of your accident. If a child has suffered an injury their claim must be issued at court within three years of their 18th birthday.
As there is no longer any legal aid for personal injury cases in the UK claims that proceed on a No Win No Fee agreement are liable for a ‘success fee’ which is payable by the client (claimant) upon completion.
- Access your claim and open your file.
- Send you the paperwork for you claim including the No Win No Feeagreement, GP and hospital forms including PI questionnaire.
- You complete and sign paperwork and return with copy of photo ID (driving licence or passport) with copy of proof of address.
- We will arrange a medical appointment without delay.
- Send out letter detailing your claim to the defendant/ third party.
- Wait for acknowledgement of the letter within 21 days. The defendants has 3 months to investigate from date of acknowledgement.
- We send a copy of the medical report to you. If you are happy with the contents of the medical report approve and return to us in our business reply envelope.
- We send the medical report to the defendant along with offer to agree.