Employment law is a complex area that is constantly changing and we provide expert advice and assistance on the full range of issues involved.
Our Employment solicitors have considerable experience advising individuals and organisations (inc. SMEs, trade unions, local authorities and larger private companies) on a wide range of employment matters – terms and conditions of employment to complex employment tribunal claims and outsourcing and restructuring projects. Experience of advising both employees and employers give us a greater insight into, and understanding of, the tactics and drivers for achieving solutions.
We, of course, understand that clients need clarity and transparency on the issue of costs – we have a range of fee options depending on the nature of the advice and assistance required.
Services for Employers
The specialist employment solicitors at Oracle have many years experience advising organisations in a wide range of sectors (including healthcare, fashion, leiure, financial services in both the private and public sector).
Services we offer for employers include:
- Drafting contracts of employment, directors agreements, consultancy contracts
- ‘Health checks’ of policies & procedures to ensure they are up to date and fit for purpose
- Redundancy and company restructuring advice and assistance
- Advice on disciplinary, grievance and performance management procedures
- Preventing or defending employment tribunal claims
- Drafting restrictive covenants and confidentiality provisions
- TUPE advice
- Negotiating and drafting settlement agreements
- Advice on compliance with anti-discrimination legislation
- Guidance on maternity and paternity rights including flexible working requests
- Advice on alternative dispute resolution options
- We understand that resolution of an employment issue is not just about the financial cost of defending a single claim. Reputational implications and ensuring appropriate measures are put in place to best equip an employer going forward can often be just as important to many employers.
Services for Employees
We advise staff at all levels (including directors, professionals, managers, administrative staff and manual workers) on a range of employment matters, including the following:
- Negotiating and advising on contracts of employment, directors agreements and consultancy contracts
- Advice on all aspects of unlawful discrimination, including on the grounds of sex, race, age, disability, religion and sexual orientation
- Bullying and harassment
- Restrictive covenants and confidentiality agreements
- Negotiating and advising on settlement compromise agreements
- Unfair Dismissal
- Whistleblowing and public interest disclosure claims
- Breach of Contract and wrongful dismissal
- Advice and representation during grievance, disciplinary and investigatory proceedings
- Representation at the Employment Tribunal, Employment Appeal Tribunal, County and High Courts
We offer an initial fixed-fee consultation, in which we can discuss the merits of your case, the potential compensation value (if applicable) and the fee options should you decide to take your matter further.