Bringing your loved ones to the UK is life-changing.
While the Marriage Visa UK application process can be complex and daunting, we understand you want to start the next chapter in your family life quickly and with minimal disruption and expense.
That’s why our immigration specialists are hand right through the process. If you have any questions about a marriage visa application, please contact us today for expert legal advice that you can depend on.
What is a Marriage Visa UK?
A marriage visa allows non-EEA nationals to enter or remain in the UK if they are married to a British citizen or a person with UK settled status, i.e. someone who is living in the UK lawfully with no time limit on their stay.
To qualify for entry to the UK, you will need to be granted entry clearance prior to your arrival.
Am I Eligible for a Marriage Visa?
You are eligible to apply for Marriage Visa if you satisfy the following criteria:
- You and your spouse must be 18 years old or over.
- You must be legally married and have met each other.
- You must plan to live together permanently.
What will I need to show to apply for a Marriage Visa?
As part of your visa application you will need to demonstrate:
- Your spouse is either present and settled in the United Kingdom, or will arrive with you to be admitted for settlement.
- There will be adequate accommodation for you and any dependants, and that you will be able to maintain yourselves and any dependants without the support of UK public funds.
- Your spouse earns more than £18,600 per year or has enough savings to be able to support you without claiming public funds. If you have dependent children, the minimum financial requirement is higher.
- You must satisfy the English language requirements.
What you need to know about Marriage Visas
If you are applying for a marriage visa from outside the UK, you are eligible for an initial visa period of 27 months. If you are already in the UK on a visa, you will be given an extension of stay for two years.
You must complete two years as a spouse before being eligible to apply for leave to remain as a spouse.
Children of the marriage who are under 18 years old are allowed entry to the UK as dependants and can make their application at the same time as the applicant spouse.
We charge a fixed fee of £850.00 (+ VAT).
What services are included
- Considering documents
- Attending on the client
- Taking their instructions and providing advice
- Preparing and submitting the application
- Advising the client on timelines and the outcome of their application
- Discussing your circumstances in detail and confirming whether this is the most appropriate application for you to make and what other options may be available to you;
- Giving you advice about the requirements of the Immigration Rules and whether you meet the criteria.
- If you do not fulfil certain criteria, whether this can be overcome and how;
- Considering the supporting evidence you have provided, where necessary, helping you obtain further evidence (such as medical records and bank statements), including taking statements of any witnesses;
- Preparing your application and submitting it on your behalf;
- Attendance at a Home Office interview: if the Home Office ask you to attend an interview, we will give you clear advice (and discuss the possibility of us attending with you) at the appropriate time;
- Giving you advice about the outcome of the application and any further steps you need to take.
How long will my application take?
We cannot guarantee how long the Home Office will take to process your application. Read the current processing times. We will normally be able to submit your application within 4 weeks of you instructing us, but we will let you know at the earliest opportunity if it is likely to take longer than this.