As regulation and red tape grow year-on-year in today’s society and the scope of regulation is constantly increasing, we are able to provide expert advice to individuals and businesses in relation to a wide range of regulatory and public law matters.
In the UK alone, there are over 300 regulators, including organisations such as Trading Standards, the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) and the Environment Agency, whose rules and regulations you and your business should comply with. Failure to do so can result in your company facing criminal investigations as well as financial penalties, but we are here to help.
Organisations also need to ensure compliance with regulations when undertaking their business and dealing with the processing of information.
Public law applies to decisions taken by public bodies including government departments, local authorities and most regulatory bodies exercising public functions. It can be distinguished from private law which governs relationships between individuals and private companies.
Regulatory and public law affects most of us in our everyday lives as individuals and organisations.
Why Choose Us
Our highly experienced solicitors in London and Belfast have established a reputation for providing fast, efficient and jargon-free advice to individuals, company and public sector organisation clients across a wide range of regulatory and public law areas. For example:
- Bringing and defending Judicial review proceedings in relation to public sector decisions
- Making and responding to Freedom of Information and Data Protection subject access requests
- Standards investigations and advice
- Public procurement regulations compliance and strategy advice
- Licensing law
- Advising and assisting throughout regulatory proceedings,
- Issuing and defending enforcement proceedings
- Issuing or challenging notices
- Liaising and negotiating with the regulator on your behalf
- Preparing prosecutions or defences for trial
- Providing you with first-class representation at court