Winifred MbieliAviation Paralegal
- Aviation Law
- Civil Litigation
- LLB Law with Criminology – Nottingham Trent University
- Legal Practice Course – BPP Law School
- LLM (Advanced Civil Litigation & Employment Law) – BBP Law School
Winifred’s principal cases are in Aviation law, specialising in EU261/2004 claims. She has been with Oracle Solicitors in the London office since January 2019 and has built a strong rapport with our major airline client.
Winifred has worked on an extensive array of Aviation cases involving delayed or cancelled flights where she has successfully pleaded “extraordinary circumstances” on behalf of her clients in the Jurisdictions of England & Wales and Northern Ireland.
Some ongoing cases include:
- A key case concerning whether internal strikes by an airline’s staff that was called by a union are an extraordinary circumstance.
- A key case concerning runaway closures, highlighting the importance of airlines prioritising passenger safety over reckless attempts to keep to a schedule.
- A key case concerning the exchange rate when dealing with settlement offers, if the exchange rate should be converted from the date proceedings commenced or from the date of Claimant(s)’ flight, which has caused quite a huge controversy, but so far I have managed to take into consideration the objectives of our clients’ needs and succeed every single time.
Winifred uses her direct and tactical approach to achieve the best results for our clients. She is an excellent litigator, frequently praised by clients for her diligence and efficiency.
Winifred has previously volunteered for various not-for-profit organisations and is currently volunteering at Toynbee Hall Legal Advice Clinic.
In her spare time she loves running to keep fit and has completed a 5K Inflatable Obstacle run. She also runs to raise money for charities and recently participated in a 10k run to raise money for Merlin’s Magic Wand charity.
If you’d like a consultation, please start by completing the form: