Legal Statement and Complaints
Regulation of Legal Services
In England and Wales, Oracle Solicitors is the trading name of Oracle Solicitors and Consultants Ltd, Aviation House, 125 Kingsway, Holborn, London WC2B 6NH, Company No 9499565, a company registered in England and Wales and regulated by the Solicitors’ Regulation Authority.
In Northern Ireland, Oracle Solicitors is regulated by the Law Society of Northern Ireland.
Our Complaints Procedure
Making a complaint
Investigating your Complaint
- We will acknowledge your complaint within seven days.
- We will conduct a full investigation and an independent review of your matter.
- We aim to respond in full within 28 days. However, if your complaint is of a more complex nature we will require more time but we will let you know when you will receive a full response.
- Will reply to you, usually in writing to tell you our views on your complaint and how we propose to resolve it, hopefully to your satisfaction.
- If you are dissatisfied with the outcome, or the way your complaint has been handled, you may write to the Practice Manager who will make such further investigations as are necessary.
- The Practice Manager will inform you of the conclusions and any alternative proposals to resolve your complaint, usually within 28 days of this being referred to him.
- If still unresolved at this stage, you may take your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman.
The Legal Ombudsman may:
- Investigate the quality of professional service supplied by a solicitor to a client.
- Investigate allegations that a solicitor has breached rules of professional conduct.
- Express a view on whether a solicitor’s charges are fair and responsible.
The Legal Ombudsman will not:
- Determine whether a solicitor has been negligent.
- Give legal advice or tell a solicitor how to handle a case.
- Review the outcome of a court case.
- Review a decision of the Legal Services Commission (the body that regulates the provision of legal aid).
Before it will consider a complaint the Legal Ombudsman generally requires that the firm’s internal Complaints Procedure has been exhausted. If it is necessary to involve the Legal Ombudsman it may take up to six months from the end of the firm’s procedure; this can be checked at www.legalombudsman.org.uk. If the Legal Ombudsman is satisfied that the firm’s proposals for resolving a complaint are reasonable, it may decline to investigate further.
The Legal Ombudsman’s address is: Legal Ombudsman, PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ; telephone, 0300 555 0333; or view their website at www.legalombudsman.org.uk.
What to do if you are unhappy with our behaviour
The Solicitors Regulation Authority can help if you are concerned about our behaviour. This could be for things like dishonesty, taking or losing your money or treating you unfairly because of your age, a disability or other characteristic.
Visit their website to see how you can raise your concerns with the Solicitors Regulation Authority.
Oracle Solicitors is registered with HM Revenue & Customs under number 801 7074 60
Professional Indemnity Insurance
Oracle Solicitors has Professional Indemnity Insurance within England & Wales as required by the Solicitors Regulation Authority of England and Wales.
If you require details of our current insurers please put the request in writing to Mr S.Shan.